The History of St Ebbe's Primary School
St Ebbe’s is a Church of England School, originally founded by St Ebbe’s Church and also linked with St Matthew’s Church, the local Parish Church. As a Church School, values that reflect the school’s Christian foundation underpin the way we do things. We strongly believe our school is for everyone in the community. We aim to nurture the beliefs of children from all families, and also aim to engender mutual understanding and respect amongst all our children, whatever their beliefs.
St Ebbe’s is a CofE [Aided] Primary School founded in the parish of St Ebbe’s Church in 1873. In 1976 the school moved to a new building in Whitehouse Road in the parish of St Matthew’s Church. St. Ebbe’s is a Local Authority school and in 2012 was designated for expansion to two-form entry. There has been a major building programme in 2014 -15 to equip the school for the increased number of pupils and staff. St Ebbe’s School is a member of the Cherwell Partnership of schools. It maintains strong links with both St Ebbe’s and St Matthew’s and is well supported by the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education.